With the easing of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to a Modified ECQ for the National Capital Region and to a General Community Quarantine for Cavite-Region 4A on May 12, 2020, Maynilad will be resuming the conduct of actual meter reading and onsite billing activities beginning June 1. This means that corrections for over/under registration of consumption from when water bills were averaged—i.e., from March to May 2020—will be reflected in our customers’ June 2020* Statement of Account (SOA).
2. Why is my June 2020 Statement of Account higher / lower than my usual Statement of Accounts
* Your June 2020 SOA covers billings for four months (i.e., March to June 2020).
* For customers who stayed at home during ECQ, your actual billings for the months of March, April, May and June may be higher than usual. Here are the factors:
Consumption increased because you were at home most of the time.
Consumption increased because of the scorching hot weather.
You may have had unpaid water bills even before the ECQ was implemented, so this was added to your June 2020 bill.
Historically, consumption during this period (March to June) is higher versus the months of December to February that were used as basis to average your water bills during ECQ.
* For customers who left their homes to go to the provinces or stopped operating their businesses during the ECQ, your actual billings for the months of March, April, May and June will be lower than your previous averaged monthly billings since your consumption would be lower than your regular consumption.
* For a more apples-to-apples comparison of your actual consumption for the months of March to May 2020, please compare it with your consumption in the same months of the previous year.
3. Where did you base my March, April and May consumption if you did not conduct meter reading during these periods?
* If you checked your water bill during ECQ via the “My Water Bill” or “Bill on Demand SMS Bill Facility”, the amounts specified in your March to May billings were based on your average consumption in the three months prior to ECQ (i.e., your consumption for December 2019, January 2020, and February 2020) since meter reading was temporarily suspended from March to May. This system was approved by the MWSS Regulatory Office (per MWSS RO-OPP-052-03).
* These averaged billings have been adjusted in your June 2020 SOA to reflect your actual consumption during the ECQ
4. When will my actual consumption be reflected in my water bill?
* The June 2020 SOA already reflects your actual consumption from March to June 2020.
5. Were you able to deduct the payments I made during the ECQ in my June 2020 SOA?
* Yes, the payments you made during ECQ were already deducted from the Total Amount Due in this SOA.
6. Where can I see my historical consumption?
* Your actual historical consumption for the months of March to May 2020 will be specified in your June 2020 SOA.
7. Until when can I pay the Total Amount Due?
* To assist our Lifeline Customers, we will be providing them a longer grace period, or until August 31, 2020, to settle their bills that have accumulated during the ECQ. They can pay this in small, manageable installments. Lifeline Customers are those whose monthly consumption is at 10 cubic meters per month or less. Most of our Lifeline Customers belong to low-income households.
* For our non-lifeline customers, they have until July 31, 2020 to fully settle their accumulated billings.
* Customers who will be unable to fully settle within the extended grace periods will start receiving a “Notice of Disconnection” the following month.
* In case some customers still have concerns about these terms of payment, they may call us at the Maynilad Hotline 1626 (Metro Manila) or 1800-1000-92837 (Cavite Toll-Free Hotline) or send an SMS to our Customer Text Hotline 0998 864 1446. Our Zone Specialists will reach out to them and discuss other possible payment terms.
8. Can I do partial payment? Where?
* Yes, you can do partial payments at any of our accredited payment channels (http://www.mayniladwater.com.ph/customers-pay_centers.php). But please make sure to fully pay the Total Amount Due in your June 2020 SOA within the grace period provided, while staying current on your succeeding bills, to avoid inconvenience.
*NOTE: In areas where ECQ is still enforced, the Maynilad June 2020 SOA will continue to be based on customers’ average consumption in the three months prior to ECQ. Corrections will be made in succeeding bills once actual meter reading can resume in these areas.